Recording of DI Session 3
Models for Action
- Dissemination as Dialogue: Building Trust and Sharing Research Findings Through Community Engagement (CDC)
- A Short Guide to Community-Based Participatory Action Research (Healthy City & Advancement Project)
- PolicyLink Community-Based Participatory Research: A Strategy for Building Healthy Communities and Promoting Health through Policy Change (PolicyLink)
- Reaching for a Radical Community Based Research Model (Barri Tinkler)
- Leveraging Community Expertise to Advance Health Equity (Urban Institute)
Reflect and discuss with your research team:
- How might you approach community-centered dissemination?
- What steps can you put in place today to prepare for equitable dissemination later?
Meet the Coach
Inaugural Executive Director of Co.act Detroit
Allandra Bulger (she/her) serves as the inaugural executive director of Co.act Detroit, an initiative committed to accelerating collaborative action in Southeast Michigan’s nonprofit community. As the executive director of Co.act Detroit, she is developing a resource hub for Southeast Michigan’s nonprofit and philanthropic community to connect and access the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to collaborate, innovate and amplify impact. Allandra previously served as deputy director of Detroit Future City, where she managed the organization’s strategic priorities, internal operations, and community engagement while providing key leadership in strategic planning, management, and connecting organization mission, vision, values, and programmatic priorities. She has also worked as a consultant at DEXDesign Associates, where she specialized in developing and delivering capacity building technical assistance to community-based nonprofit organizations and small businesses, and she managed the Title IV-E Funding Program of the Wayne County Juvenile Assessment Center. She holds a master’s degree in public administration specializing in nonprofit organization and management from Oakland University, where she was also an adjunct lecturer, teaching courses on nonprofit management. Allandra recently served as a Center for Community Investment Fulcrum fellow. She is the co-founder of D.Cipher, an arts-based mastermind collective and nonprofit serving the Detroit artist community.